The facad3s platform, specializing in facades, launches a contest aimed at architecture students. The contest will reward the façade solution that best resolves functional and formal aspects using contemporary techniques, systems and materials. Sistema Masa has not missed this opportunity, and will participate as a jury.
What is the Facad3s platform?The Facad3s platform was created with the objective of classifying and reporting on the different types of facades. In some way, sort the reality of the facades, to consolidate terminology and facilitate dialogue between technical professionals.
It is an information platform created by the Department of Architectural Technology of the School of Architecture of Barcelona that aims to bring together students, teachers, professionals and companies. Connecting all the interlocutors with the intention of looking for future developments in the sector together.
Contest information and participation of Sistema Masa
The team of Facad3s will make a pre-selection of between 20 and 30 proposals. These proposals will be evaluated by a jury of 5 members: a senior architecture student at ETSAB (Barcelona School of Architecture), a professor at ETSAB, an architect of recognized prestige in the field of facades, a representative of Sistema Masa and a representative of Facad3s.
The participation requirements are the following:
- Be a university student with a bachelor's degree or a master's degree in architecture.
- Be the original author of the work or project presented.
- Sign the participation form to the contest.
- Projects must have been completed between January and December 2018. Previous projects are not admitted.
- The facade must be part of an architectural project. Partial façade exercises will be excluded from the contest.